Public Input on Third Intentions Paper Due June 30, 2016
JUNE 14, 2016 – On May 10, after several days of debate, the BC Legislative Assembly passed all the proposed changes to the Environmental Management Act, 2016. Royal Assent was given on May 19, 2016. The new legislation can be accessed from the Legislative Assembly Progress of Bills table (Bill 21).
The ministry is currently implementing a five-phase engagement process outlined below; more details available on the Spill Response Engagement summary webpage. The ministry:
- Seeks public input on a third intentions paper
- Please provide individual input on the Spill Response Discussion webpage before June 30, 2016; you can also review comments posted by others.
- Please provide input from your organization before June 30, 2016 by sending an attachment on letterhead to email@example.com. For transparency, the attachment will be posted on the discussion website on the Stakeholder Submissions
2. Held a plenary session for industry, local governments, First Nations and other stakeholders and published the presentations and summary reports online.
3. Is holding regional meetings with First Nations
4. Is scheduling technical working groups to inform the new regulations and continuing to meet with interested parties to answer questions about the proposed regime.
5. Will publish a final engagement summary paper.
Thank you for your ongoing interest and participation in the development of the B.C. Spill Response Regime.