Up to $300,000 available – deadline for submissions is January 17, 2017
BCIC Ignite provides funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences in British Columbia. The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year time frame.
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
- Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe.
- Seeking collaborative, industry-driven academic research projects that address a significant problem faced by industry and demonstrate high market potential.
- Applications for the 2017 Winter-Spring Competition are now open with a deadline of January 17, 2017.
- Download the 2017 program guidelines and apply at bcic.ca/ignite
This is an exciting opportunity to support innovation that addresses known problems faced by industry. Please share this with your staff, partners and/or members.
For more information, please email [email protected] with any questions.