BC Ministry of the Environment: Contaminated Sites Documents Approved
Contaminated Sites Documents Approved in Support of Stage 10 (Omnibus) and Stage 11 (Housekeeping) Amendments to Contaminated Sites Regulation
NOVEMBER 2, 2017 – The Director has approved 12 documents related to the Stage 10 and Stage 11 amendments to the Contaminated Sites Regulation (CSR) and related consequential amendments to the Hazardous Waste Regulation (HWR) and Organic Matter Recycling Regulation (OMRR).
The 12 documents are available on the ministry’s Guidance and Resources website.
The ministry is finalizing additional documents and response to stakeholder comments. These will be posted in the coming days and weeks.
List of documents:
- Protocol 16: Determining the Presence and Mobility of Nonaqueous Phase Liquids and Odorous Substances
- Protocol 17: Requirements for Notifications of Independent Remediation and Offsite Migration
- Protocol 21: Water Use Determinations
- Protocol 30: Classifying Substances as Carcinogenic *NEW*
- Technical Guidance 7: Supplemental Guidance for Risk Assessment
- Technical Guidance 8: Groundwater Investigation and Characterization
- Technical Guidance 15: Concentration Limits for the Protection of Aquatic Receiving Environments
- Technical Guidance 16:Soild Sampling Guide for Local Background Reference Sites
- Technical Guidance 17: Background Soil Quality Database
- Administrative Guidance 6: Site Profile Decisions and Requesting Releases Where Local Government Approvals are Required
- Procedure 9: Procedures for processing site profiles
- Fact Sheet 13: Environmental Quality Guidelines
Technical Guidance 18 has been repealed as a result of changes in the Stage 10 and 11 amendments.
The ministry would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many stakeholders who provided comment on the documents.
Any questions about the documents or the Stage 10 and 11 amendments should be directed to [email protected].