Stage 10 (Omnibus) and Stage 11 (Housekeeping) Amendments to Contaminated Sites Regulation
DECEMBER 5, 2017 – The Director has approved an additional 7 documents related to the Stage 10 and Stage 11 amendments to the Contaminated Sites Regulation (CSR) and related consequential amendments to the Hazardous Waste Regulation (HWR) and Organic Matter Recycling Regulation (OMRR).
The additional 7 documents are available on the ministry’s Guidance and Resources website.
The ministry is finalizing additional documents and response to stakeholder comments. These will be posted in the coming days and weeks.
List of documents:
- Protocol 10: Hardness Dependent Site-Specific Freshwater Standards for Zinc
- Protocol 13: Screening Level Risk Assessment
- Protocol 28: 2016 Standards Derivation Methods, Chapter 4, Derivation of Soil to Groundwater Protection Matrix Soil quality Standards *NEW*
- Administrative Guidance 22: Application of Wildlands Land Use *NEW*
- Technical Guidance 3: Environmental Quality Standards*
- Technical Guidance 13: Groundwater Protection Model (Version 2017)
- Procedure 8: Definitions and Acronyms for Contaminated Sites
* Technical Guidance 13 contains the link to an updated version of the ministry’s groundwater protection model (GPM) applied under Protocol 2 for deriving site-specific numerical soil standards.
The ministry would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many stakeholders who provided comment on the documents.
Any questions about the documents or the Stage 10 and 11 amendments should be directed to email@example.com.