Funding support of up to $300,000 – submission deadline January 22, 2018
BCIC Ignite provides funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences in British Columbia. The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year time frame.
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
- Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe.
- BCIC Ignite Round 5 – Letter of Intent is due to BCIC by January 22, 2018
Read complete details in the Program Guidelines.
If you have questions about the application process for BCIC Ignite, please contact:
Kailyn Skuban, Program Manager
T: 604 602 5205
BCIC Ignite is funded by the Natural Resources and Applied Sciences (NRAS) Endowment Fund, which was established by the Province of British Columbia to enhance the quality of life for British Columbians by building a strong research and development, advanced training, technology transfer and commercialization environment. Assessment services are provided in collaboration with the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).