JANUARY 20, 2021 – The Career Development Centre at KPU collaborates with businesses to create engaging work experiences for students. Environmental Protection Technology (EPT) Co-op students alternate their studies with paid work terms where they apply knowledge attained from their courses during co-op work placements.
How Will Hiring a Co-op Student Help My Business?
• Strengthens your company’s brand recognition
• Builds a pipeline of potential future employees
• Injects fresh ideas and perspectives into your organisation
• Strengthens, or enhances, your staff’s leadership skills
• Covers your staff’s temporary leaves
• Allows an opportunity for giving back to the community
At KPU, EPT students receive hands-on training which equips them with working knowledge of physical and life sciences including general biology, ecology, toxicology, chemistry, physics, and statistics. Specific topics covered by the program include:
• Water and soil field sampling
• Solid, liquid and air treatment methods
• Hazardous goods and waste handling methods
• WHMIS implementation and compliance evaluation
• Emergency planning and spill response methods
• Recycling and waste minimization program design
• Environmental issues analysis
• Written and oral presentation skills
• Computer software competency
When do I post a role?
The best time to post a co-op role is NOW! This is to ensure you get access to the largest pool of co-op students as our students apply to posted jobs as they become available.
How Do I Hire a Co-op Student?
Great decision! There are two ways to submit a 4- or 8-month co-op job posting:
Co-op students are also available in Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Computer Aided Design & Drafting and Criminology.
Check our website for information on the Hiring Process or Employer Funding Opportunities such as Green Spaces and ECO Canada. Would you like to discuss co-op further? Email us at [email protected] to start the conversation today!