BKL Consultants Ltd. has provided specialty consulting services in acoustics, noise and vibration to a wide range of clients since 1966. Our acoustical engineers and scientists have over 100 years of accumulated experience in all aspects of acoustics. We excel at communicating clear, independent and timely advice to our clients.
We provide the following environmental noise and vibration services:
- Baseline monitoring programs
- Diagnostics measurements to quantify noise and vibration sources and propagation—for example, using an acoustic camera to pin-point which piece of equipment is producing excessive noise
- Predicting noise propagation and mitigation using 3-D noise modelling software: Cadna/A, OTL Terrain, Odeon, etc.
- Environmental assessments to support permitting under municipal, regional, provincial and federal requirements, e.g., BCEAA, CEAA, IFC, etc.
- Advisory services to support planning and policy development
- Land use compatibility assessments for a wide range of noise and vibration sources and types of receptors
- Abatement / mitigation studies for an array of diverse projects—from transportation infrastructure and renewable energy installations to theatre improvements and health care facility upgrades
- Commissioning and compliance assessments against municipal, regional, provincial and federal requirements
- Occupational noise and vibration surveys and noise control recommendations
- Expert witness testimony
Our team of acousticians has experience consulting in a range of sectors including the following:
- Arts and Entertainment
- Education and Research
- Government Services
- Health Care
- Oil and Gas
- Ports and Marine
- Residential and Mixed-Use
- Sports and Recreation Facilities
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Waste
BKL owns and maintains more than 20 sound and vibration level meters and has licenses for numerous acoustical software to support its engineering and scientific staff.
Additionally, BKL is Organizational Quality Management (OQM) certified by APEGBC, a designation that recognizes the high standards we apply to all facets of our work. With our professional experience and knowledge, cutting edge technology and commitment to quality, we can find the answers to any acoustical question and help our clients reach their project goals.