Since 1972, Mud Bay Drilling has been providing high quality drilling services to the Geotechnical, Environmental & Mining Sectors. The head office is located in Surrey, BC, with additional offices in Kelowna, BC, and Calgary, AB, as well as operations in Ft. McMurray, AB, Toronto, ON, and throughout the continental US with our associate company, ConeTec Investigations Ltd. Comprehensive site investigations programs (land and marine based) are executed with highly experienced crews operating well maintained, modern, and innovative equipment. The equipment includes:
- Truck and track mounted Sonic drill and support rigs.
- Truck and track mounted multi-drill rigs equipped for mud rotary, air rotary (ODEX), coring (diamond drilling) and auger.
- Truck and track mounted auger drills equipped with geotechnical and environmental drilling and sampling equipment.
- Specialty equipment including heli-portable and limited access sonic drills
- Large suite of in-situ testing equipment
- Insitu Testing (Membrane Interface probe, UVIF, UVOST, hydro-punch water sampling, etc)
- Installation of monitor wells, recovery wells, soil vapour wells.
- Chemical injection of insitu remediation products.
- Mud Rotary and coring (NQ, HQ, PQ)
- Air Rotary (ODEX)
- Combination sonic-CPT, sonic-mud rotary, and sonic-diamond drilling
- Insitu Testing CPT, Seismic CPT, Downhole Seismic, shear vane testing, etc.
- Installation of all geotechnical instrumentation (piezometers, inclinometers, settlement gauges, extensometers, etc.)
- Sonic soil sampling for Placer sampling programs
- Installation of instrumentation on tailings dams.
- Insitu testing of tailing and tailings dams.
- Characterization of overburden for indicator minerals.